This is a very good picture of the ladies of the Guild, but it is not a typical picture of the ladies. They rarely pose for pictures and are rarely all quiet at the same time. These ladies are way too busy to sit still and enjoy each other's company way too much to be silent.
The Women's Guild meets, at 7:00 PM, on the second Tuesday of the month, except for the months of January, February, and July. They have a short business meeting, a program, and refreshments. During the year, various fundraisers are held to support the Guild activities. Over the years, there have been purse sales, art sales, and numerous types of food served.
- Provide Upper Room devotion books - For many years, this project has provided the devotional to anyone who wants one.
- Donate to Mental Health Christmas Gift Lift - This provides presents for those in nursing homes who would not otherwise have gifts. The Guild has participated in this program for the last three years.
- Card ministry for those in hospitals, in nursing homes, and recovering/ill at home and thinking of you cards to encourage those who need a bit of cheer
- Visit shut-ins (home and nursing homes) to give encouragement and a cookie or small gift
- Flowers are taken to those in nursing homes or shut-ins at holidays
- Purchased cabinets for the new kitchen and blinds for Fellowship Hall
- Purchased artificial flowers for the altar
The ladies, of the Guild, have meetings where they do a bit of business and learn through programs. The meetings help achieve their real goals:
Serving God through their service to the church
Encouraging and supporting the congregation
Sharing in the joys and concerns of the women of Urbana Yoke Parish
Working, laughing, talking, meeting, and enjoying refreshments together